Latest Christoph Kueffer Stories
Several of the world's oceanic islands are being invaded by nearly 400 outside plant species. Almost half of the species already dominate their new homes, and hundreds more are expected to make progress across the islands in the near future, according to BBC Earth News. These outside plants can wreak havoc in their new environments, where they are viewed as invasive weeds. Botanist Dr Christoph Kueffer of the University of Hawaii in Honolulu and colleagues studied data from 30 island groups...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.