Latest Christopher Tudge Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Imagine the surprise if you learned that a new species had been named after you. That's exactly what happened to Dr. Christopher Tudge of American University recently as he was reading a copy of the journal, Zootaxa. Finding out after-the-fact is fairly standard practice in the highly formalized naming ritual of new species, it seems. The new species, Aeropaguristes tudgei, is a type of hermit crab that Tudge recently...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.