Latest Cigarettes Stories
Rebekah Eliason for redOrbit.com – Your Universe Online For the first time ever, thirdhand smoke has been found to cause significant amounts of damage to human cells. Thirdhand smoke is the toxic residue that attaches to almost all surfaces leaving a strong odor long after cigarette smoke has dissipated. The researchers from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory also discovered in this study that chronic exposure caused more DNA damage than acute exposure. Samples exposed to chronic...
A Georgetown public health expert and attorney examines what the FDA must do to prevail When the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) imposes new graphic warning labels for tobacco products, they can survive a First Amendment challenge if they depict health consequences and their effectiveness is supported by adequate scientific evidence, says a Georgetown University Medical Center public health expert and attorney. Graphic tobacco warning labels–which combine images with health...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.