Latest Cindy Dohner Stories
Federal wildlife officials said on Tuesday that the gopher tortoise has been listed as eligible for protection under the Endangered Species Act, but limited funding could prevent the tortoise from being put on the list at this time. Cindy Dohner, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's regional director for the Southeast, said there is sufficient scientific data to list the gopher tortoise as threatened in parts of Alabama, Georgia, Florida and South Carolina. "But we do not have the resources...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.