Latest Circus Smirkus Stories
FREEPORT - Members of the Circus Smirkus Big Top Tour will bring a scientific extravaganza, circus-style to town Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 4-5. It's wacky, weird science - a spectacle of science called Smirkusology. The story revolves around an innovative team of quirky, crackerjack scientists, attempting to formulate the chemical compound of circus. The result is a rousing celebration, chock-full of invention and suspension, gadgets and gizmos and the infinite magic of circus. Audiences...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.