Latest Clean Machine Stories
By Ruth, Joao-Pierre S Low-cost options are available TECHNOLOGY In one quick click of the mouse, a computer can get infected with viruses and other corrupting software that can scramble its functions. When a company gets hit with malicious software, also called "malware," information may be stolen, e-mail can becomeinaccessible and businesstransactions may be halted until the problem is fixed. Getting rid of digital infections can require complicated cures that outstrip the average...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.