Latest Cleveland Lloyd Dinosaur Quarry Stories
As news of a remarkably well-preserved cache of dinosaur bones was being heralded in media outlets around the world, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management paleontologist who had announced the find was taking a breath and urging others to do the same. No new species were turned up at the 3-month-old site, although a lot of digging is yet to be done. It is within the same Utah/ Colorado border region where at least two previously unheard-of dinosaur species were discovered during the past 10...
A team of Illinois scientists looking for fossils of big dinosaurs in Utah's Morrison limestone struck pay dirt last month, opening the possibility of a major dinosaur quarry outside Hanksville. In recent weeks, the group, representing the Burpee Museum of Natural History, uncovered "a logjam" of 148-million-year remains of as many as six dinosaur species and massive coniferous trees so well preserved you can feel their bark and read their tree rings. And that's just scratching the surface,...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.