Climate of the United Kingdom Reference Libraries
November 2012: A mild start to the month will be followed up by a vigorous finish as temps rapidly slide. The forecasted average for the month is to be near 40-50F, while there is the possibility of seeing 7-9 days warmer than that along with 6-8 days becoming colder than the average. The month will also include a few chances of rain totaling around a Trace-0.25in. Winter weather for the month...
The month of March provided a huge absence of winter with record breaking temperatures from the Canada border all the way south and eastward across the United States. Half of the United States shattered records which made the month of March, 2012 the warmest ever on record. There are a few states that did not share in the record warmth along the west coast. They actually had cooler weather....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.