Latest Climate Vulnerable Forum Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A new report, conducted by humanitarian organization DARA, claims that over 100 million people will die and global economic growth will be cut by 3.2 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) by 2030 if the world fails to deal with climate change. Greenhouse gas emissions are causing global average temperatures to rise, causing planetary effects such as melting ice caps, extreme weather, drought and rising sea levels. These threaten...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.