Latest clucky Stories
A Miami Beach, Fla., man who was told his pet rooster is illegal said officials told him he may be able to keep the bird if the city manager's office consents. Mark Buckley, who was issued a $50-per-day fine in July and ordered to get rid of his rooster, Mr. Clucky, said he and his attorney met with Mayor Matti Herrera Bower to discuss his options in trying to get around a city law prohibiting fowl in residential zones, the Miami Herald reported Thursday. The city attorney and Mayor Bower...
A man in Miami Beach, Fla., says he's being fined $50 for keeping Mr. Clucky, a bike-riding rooster known among the city's residents, in violation of city code. Mark Buckley, who keeps Mr. Clucky in his apartment, said a code enforcement officer came to his home May 27 to hand-deliver the citation for illegally keeping farm animals, The Miami Herald reported Saturday. He said, 'Don't shoot the messenger. I love Mr. Clucky,' Buckley said of the officer. The citation requires Buckley to find a...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.