Latest CMB Stories
VENTURA HARBOR, Calif., June 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Coastal Marine Biolabs (CMB) today announced an award from the National Science Foundation to launch the Barcoding Life's Matrix Project. Funded through the Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers program, the three-year project seeks to address science education reform agenda by enlisting the participation of high school students in building a reference DNA barcode library of fish and invertebrate species...
VENTURA, Calif. and HERCULES, Calif., Dec. 20, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Coastal Marine Biolabs (CMB), a recognized leader in its ongoing efforts to engage students in DNA barcoding, and Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., a multinational manufacturer and distributor of life science research and clinical diagnostics products, today announced a collaboration to co-develop DNA barcoding instructional activities for the classroom. The collaboration merges Bio-Rad's expertise in the development...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.