Latest Coastal sage scrub Stories
University of California, Irvine Results will aid land management, policy decisions for coastal sage scrub restoration California sagebrush in the southern part of the state will adjust better to climate change than sagebrush populations in the north, according to UC Irvine researchers in the Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology affiliated with the Center for Environmental Biology. The results of their study, which appears online in Global Change Biology, will assist land...
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The California Coastal Commission today took final action to permanently protect 75 acres of undeveloped land in the southern section of the City of Laguna Beach, known as the Hobo Aliso Ridge. The settlement with Driftwood Properties, LLC addresses the unpermitted clearance of several acres of rare habitat, as well as the unpermitted placement of several thousand sandbags, gravel/dirt berms, drainage pipes, and other development...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.