Latest cod products Stories
Less expensive species are labeled and sold as cod while environmental impact of purchases is concealed by product labels 28% of cod products in Ireland are mislabelled, as compared to 7% in the UK, according to research published today in the journal Fish and Fisheries. This is the first time that researchers have compared the labelling of cod products sold in Ireland and the UK. Both countries operate under the same EU policies for seafood traceability and labelling. Using a DNA barcoding...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.