Latest College Summit Stories
By Rob Novit, Aiken Standard, S.C. Jul. 14--The lobby at USC Aiken residential hall Pacer Commons had nearly emptied of teenage campers Sunday afternoon. USCA sophomore Jessica Dupree gathered some notes addressed to her and settled into a lobby chair to read them. Invariably, the exercise and sports science major broke into a warm smile every few moments as she read the messages from College Summit campers. One girl wrote: "Thank you for helping me with everything. I enjoyed talking to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.