Color motion picture film Reference Libraries
Photographic film is a sheet of plastic coated with an emulsion containing light-sensitive silver halide salts that when exposed to light it forms a visible image. Through film developing, a chemical process applied to the film, a visible image is created. To create black and white photos there is only one layer of silver salts on the film and when exposed to light the silver salts block light...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.