Latest common cold virus Stories
Using a common cold virus to deliver a corrected gene to cystic fibrosis cells restores normal function to lung tissue, researchers in North Carolina said. The treatment is the most efficient gene therapy for cystic fibrosis to be found in the last 20 years, researchers at the University of North Carolina said Tuesday in a release. The next step is to ensure the safety of the delivery system so it can be administered to cystic fibrosis patients, who suffer from thicker-than-normal mucus that...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.