Latest Community gardening in the United States Stories
The American Community Gardening Association launches "Garden Aid" with Americana recording artists Nell Robinson and Jim Nunally. Support ACGA, watch the video & join the community here : http://www.nellrobinsonmusic.com/garden/ Sacramento, CA (PRWEB) March 22, 2013 The American Community Gardening Association (ACGA) is thrilled at the response to “Garden Aid ” which was launched on the first day of spring and is happening around the country in urban and community gardens....
Urban agriculture is promoted as a strategy for dealing with food insecurity, stimulating economic development, and combating diet-related health problems in cities. However, up to now, no one has known how much gardening is taking place in urban areas. Researchers at the University of Illinois have developed a methodology that they used to quantify the urban agriculture in Chicago. John Taylor, a doctoral candidate working with crop sciences researcher Sarah Taylor Lovell, was skeptical...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.