Latest Congressional Space Medal of Honor Stories
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- Flashes of flame from space shuttle Discovery lit up the darkened sky Saturday as the spacecraft blazed off the launch pad for the first nighttime liftoff in four years. The shuttle's seven astronauts are on a mission to rewire the international space station, one leg of a three-year race to finish construction on the orbiting outpost before shuttles are retired in 2010. The illumination from the shuttle turned night into day for spectators at the Kennedy Space Center....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.