Quantcast

Latest Consumer Product Safety Commission Stories

Child Swallows 37 Buckyball Magnets
2012-03-05 12:18:18

A three-year-old child had to undergo invasive surgery recently after eating 37 Buckyball magnets, just months after a warning was issued on their danger to children. Doctors performed an X-ray last Friday after the child's parents took her in for what they thought were symptoms of the stomach flu, according to a Huffington Post report. The doctors found that Payton Bushnell had swallowed 37 high-powered Buckyball magnets, ripping holes in her lower intestine and stomach. The U.S....


Word of the Day
omphalos
  • The navel or umbilicus.
  • In Greek archaeology: A central boss, as on a shield, a bowl, etc.
  • A sacred stone in the temple of Apollo at Delphi, believed by the Greeks to mark the 'navel' or exact center-point of the earth.
'Omphalos' comes from the ancient Greek.
Related