Latest Continuous marine broadcast Stories
The Canadian government announced Tuesday it plans to invest 35 million dollars in meteorological and navigational warning services in the Arctic over the next five years to provide enhanced accessibility to weather data and shipping information for mariners, businesses and the general population there. Researchers suggest that global warming could leave the region free of ice by 2030, which could open up navigation and access for oil companies looking to capitalize on the massive reserves...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.