Latest Corbicula Stories
Released today, UC Davis' annual Lake Tahoe health report describes a spreading Asian clam population that could put sharp shells and rotting algae on the spectacular mountain lake's popular beaches, possibly aid an invasion of quagga and zebra mussels, and even affect lake clarity and ecology."Our collaborative UC Davis and University of Nevada, Reno, science team found up to 3,000 Asian clams per square meter at locations between Zephyr Point and Elk Point in the southeastern portion of the...
Corbicula fluminea is a species of freshwater clam, an aquatic bivalve mollusk belonging to the family Corbiculidae. This species is originally from Asian origin, therefore it is often referred to as the Asian Clam or Asiatic Clam. Within the aquarium and koi pond trade it is frequently called the Golden Clam or Golden Freshwater Clam. Within southeast Asia its known as the Prosperity Clam or the Good Luck Clam. It has been introduced into many parts of the world such as North America...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.