Latest Corbridge Stories
A NEW wing of a pounds 51m hospital was unveiled by the Duchess of Northumberland. She was given the chance to use the latest keyhole surgery technology - placing polo mints on a stick - inside Hexham General Hospital's new training centre, which includes a "mock-body" where training nurses can perform laparoscopic surgery using cameras and surgical instruments. She said: "I think I passed with flying colours. I thought it would actually be on a real patient, but I'm so squeamish about...
THE Duchess of Northumberland yesterday unveiled the new wing of a pounds 51m hospital development and turned her hand to keyhole surgery. But she was not performing a life-saving operation - instead carefully placing Polo mints on a stick. The Duchess was given the chance to use the latest technology inside Hexham General Hospital's new training centre, which includes a "mock-body" where training nurses can perform laparosco pic surgery using cameras and tiny surgical instruments....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.