Latest Cordillera del Paine Stories
CHICAGO, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- iExplore (http://www.iexplore.com/) announced today their list of Top Ten Hiking and Trekking Vacation Spots Worldwide as determined by their Adventure Travel Consultants. 1. Annapurna Circuit, Nepal The 186.5 mile, three week Annapurna circuit gets you up close to some of the highest mountains in the Himalayas, and is considered the best hike in the world by many. 2. Appalachian Trail Each year tens of thousands of people set off to complete the...
CHILEAN PRESIDENTE EDUARDO FREI BASE, Antarctica (AP) - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon visited the Antarctica on Friday to see firsthand the impact of climate change and the melting of glaciers. Ban flew from Chile's southernmost city of Punta Arenas to that country's station on the Antarctica, Chilean Air Force President Eduardo Frei base, accompanied by officials and scientists. From there, he took a 45-minute flight over the region, seeing several glaciers. The U.N. leader also visited...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.