Cortisol Reference Libraries
The adrenal glands are endocrine glands located directly on top of the kidneys. Their main function is to secrete vital hormones and steroids during times of stress, as well as govern many different bodily functions. The hormones that the adrenal glands secrete are primarily derived from amino acids or lipids. The right adrenal gland is pyramid-shaped, while the left adrenal gland is shaped...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.