Latest Cory Kidd Stories
A new tool for dieters is scheduled to be released later this year, but this one actually talks to you and tells you what you need to hear. A robot, named Autom, developed by Cory Kidd, a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, will allow dieters to have encouraging interactions with the 15-inch-tall device, as it counts calories and provides feedback about their weight-loss progress. Autom has a unique computer inside its head that allows it to search out a human face in...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.