Latest Costa de la Luz Stories
By Laura Silverman This was not your typical Spanish holiday. We didn't want the busy Costa del Sol or packed tours to Gaudi's Barcelona. Maybe an exploration of the local area but no crowds - definitely no crowds. So that's why we chose Punta Umbria. In summer, the resort is mainly popular with locals from Huelva city and Seville. By day, they relax on the long, sandy beach - part of the Costa de la Luz, go hiking in the pinewoods, cycle or watch the world go by from outdoor cafes. In the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.