Latest Council on American-Islamic Relations Stories
Ruling allows CAIR lawsuit on behalf of Muslim traveler to go forward WASHINGTON, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today applauded a ruling by a federal judge in Virginia that said placement on the government's no-fly list "transforms a person into a second class citizen, or worse." That 32-page opinion, filed today, allows CAIR's lawsuit against the...
WASHINGTON, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today welcomed an updated Pentagon policy on religious accommodation for military personnel. The updated policy, effective today, changes rules governing religious accommodations that include beards, turbans and other religious symbols. Under the new policy, the military will make every effort to accommodate...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.