Latest Counterfeit Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online After publishing a paper earlier this week in the British Medical Journal on stopping the counterfeit medicine trade, a group of scientists has been barred from an upcoming World Health Organization meeting. An objection to their presence, which was raised by Indian officials, underlines the stark differences on how to handle the problem without hampering the legitimate trade of medicinal products. Reports on the incident...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.