Latest Cozad, Nebraska Stories
CLEVELAND, April 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On May 1, 80-year-old community activist Joan Southgate of Cleveland, Ohio, plans to "complete the circle" she began in 2002 by walking 250 miles from St. Catharines, Ontario, to Cleveland's Cozad-Bates House. In her journey to honor the conductors and fugitives brought together along the Underground Railroad, Southgate walked 519 miles in 2002 and 2003 from the one-time anti-slavery stronghold of Ripley in southern Ohio to Cleveland and on to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.