Latest Cris Jensen Stories
By Christensen, Tyler Fog grounded three flights at Missoula International Airport last week, and airport director Cris Jensen was delighted. The fog could have grounded a lot more, he explained. Fortunately, the airport's new de-fogging machines are working wonderfully. It takes them only about half an hour to punch a hole in the haze big enough for an airplane to fly through. The Missoula airport purchased the "fog-seeding" system just before Thanksgiving in anticipation of another...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.