Latest Crusade Stories
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- John Mayall, British Blues giant and blues rock pioneer, nurtured the careers of Eric Clapton, Mick Fleetwood, Jack Bruce, Peter Green, Mick Taylor, John McVie and many other rock luminaries. Now his earliest and best recordings with them in the Bluesbreakers as well as Mayall's other stellar work throughout his debut decade on record are heard on the 4-CD box set So Many Roads: An Anthology 1964-1974 (Hip-O/UMe), released August 17, 2010. The...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.