Latest Cyclone Monica Stories
SYDNEY (Reuters) - A tropical cyclone with winds of up to 200 kph (125 mph) crossed Australia's remote northeast coast on Wednesday, officials said, the second cyclone to hit northern Queensland in a month. There were no early reports of damage in the area, where there are few major settlements or infrastructure. Residents had been warned to take shelter as Tropical Cyclone Monica, a mid-range category-three storm, closed in on Lockhart River, an Aboriginal community of about 600...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.