Czech Technical University Reference Libraries
Professor Otto Wichterle is Czech inventor and chemist best known for pioneering a centrifugal casting method for the creation of contact lenses. Wichterle was born on October 27, 1913 in Prostejov which is in the Czech Republic. After graduating from high school, he chose to continue his education at the Chemical and Technological Faculty of the Czech Technical University and pursue a career...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.