Latest Dan Parker Stories
COLUMBUS, Ga., March 11, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Federation of the Blind today announced that one of its members, Dan Parker, an experienced racecar builder and driver who lost his sight as the result of a racing accident in 2012, will again independently operate a three-wheeled motorcycle with the help of a GPS system that gives him audible cues in order to help him maintain a straight course. Mr. Parker will drive his custom-built motorcycle on the runway...
NEW YORK, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- SustainLINK introduces the most eco-intelligent banks and credit unions in the U.S. through an innovative profile tool. Bank depositors looking to do their part regarding climate change, environmental responsibility and societal stewardship now have a new tool to help them select their banking relationships. SustainLINK provides a free service profiling only the most eco-conscious banks and credit unions in the country. The number of Americans supporting...
LEXINGTON, Ky., Oct. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Girl Scouts from Girl Scouts of Kentucky's Wilderness Road Council will discover the properties of thermal insulation and learn about engineering careers as part of the GEMS (Girls Enjoying Math and Science) Program at the University of Kentucky (UK) on Saturday, Oct. 25. Jessica Tooley, Dan Parker and Alison Randolph from Trane's air handling manufacturing facility in Lexington will host three one-hour "Don't Let the Ice Cream Melt: An Insulation...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.