Latest Daniel T. Barry Stories
NEW YORK (AP) - The next cast of CBS'"Survivor" will include a retired astronaut who flew in space three times, twice on the space shuttle Discovery. The 12th version of the popular game, this time set in Panama, will feature tribes briefly separated by age and an exile where a contestant can profit after stomaching some time alone. Dan Barry, a 52-year-old ex-astronaut from S. Hadley, Mass., is among the 16 cast members. Barry last flew in space in 2001, and he has four space walks to his...
Daniel Barry is an American engineer, scientist, and a retired NASA astronaut. He was born Daniel Thomas Barry on December 30, 1953 in South Hadley, Massachusetts. He grew up and graduated in 1971 from Bolton High School in Alexandria, Louisiana. He then went to college and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Cornell University. In 1977, Barry completed graduate school and received a Master of Engineering degree and a Master of Arts degree in Electrical...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.
More Images (33 images) »