Latest Darrin J. Young Stories
BEIJING, Dec. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vimicro International Corporation (NASDAQ: VIMC) ("Vimicro" or the "Company"), a leading video processing IC and surveillance solution provider, today announced that Dr. Darrin J. Young will join the Company's Board of Directors as an independent director, effective Jan. 1, 2014. The Company also announced that Dr. Theodore Van Duzer, also an independent director, will retire from Vimicro's Board as of Dec. 31, 2013. (Logo:...
Device could make cochlear implants more convenient Cochlear implants have restored basic hearing to some 220,000 deaf people, yet a microphone and related electronics must be worn outside the head, raising reliability issues, preventing patients from swimming and creating social stigma. Now, a University of Utah engineer and colleagues in Ohio have developed a tiny prototype microphone that can be implanted in the middle ear to avoid such problems. The proof-of-concept device has...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.