Latest Darryn Walker Stories
A British blogger who fantasized the kidnapping, rape and killing of the pop group Girls Aloud did not break obscenity laws, a court has ruled. Darryn Walker, 35, of Tyneside, England, was cleared Monday by the Newcastle Crown Court after facing prosecution for the article, which appeared on a fantasy pornography site, The Daily Telegraph reported. Prosecutors had charged that the young fans of Girls Aloud could have easily stumbled across the article, but defense attorneys said the article...
A man accused of blogging about the fictional rape and slaying of the pop group Girls Aloud is being prosecuted under Britain's Obscene Publications Act. The Daily Mail said the case involving Darryn Walker, a 35-year-old civil servant, is considered the first real test of the 1959 law since pornographic material has become widely available on the Internet. Walker is accused of posting a violence-themed article about the girl group on a fantasy porn Web site. Although the Web site has a...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.