Daspletosaurus Reference Libraries
Daspletosaurus, meaning “frightful lizard” is a genus of tyrannosaurid theropod dinosaur that resided in western North America between 77 and 74 million years ago, during the Late Cretaceous Period. Fossils of the only named species were found in Alberta, although other possible species from Alberta and Montana wait for description. Daspletosaurus is closely related to the much larger...
Gorgosaurus, meaning "fierce lizard", is a genus of tyrannosaurid theropod dinosaur from the Late Cretaceous Period (77 to 74 million years ago) that lived in what is now western North America. It has been discovered in Alberta, Canada and possibly Montana, USA. Only one type species is known, G. libratus. Gorgosaurus was first described by Lawrence Lambe in 1914. Several specimens have been...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.