Latest Dave Hunke Stories
Dave Hunke, publisher of the Detroit Free Press, will succeed Craig Moon as publisher of USA Today, the Gannett Co. announced Tuesday. Hunke, in his first move as publisher, said USA Today's acting executive editor John Hillkirk could keep his job on permanent basis, The Wall Street Journal reported. USA Today, like many newspapers, is suffering from a sharp fall in advertising revenue. Ad revenue dropped 30 percent in the first quarter. Daily circulation has also dropped sharply, falling by...
DETROIT, Dec. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- The Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News announced today a sweeping set of strategic and innovative changes designed to better meet advertiser and reader needs in an era in which digital delivery is revolutionizing how people get information. These bold changes include a focus on more robust and more engaging digital delivery methods, and support the continued publication of two daily newspapers. The economics of the newspaper business demand change...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.