Latest Dave Toschi Stories
By Mary Anne Ostrom, San Jose Mercury News, Calif. Feb. 20--It's the Bay Area's hottest cold case. Who was the Zodiac killer? Nearly four decades after the serial murderer held the region hostage with a bloody spree punctuated by a morbid cat-and-mouse game with police, newspapers and the public, fascination with that question only grows. Consider that the last known public communication from the enigmatic murderer came in 1978. Yet Hollywood, independent filmmakers, writers and an...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.