Latest David E Chopy Stories
By Lisa Vernon-Sparks; David E Chopy COVENTRY -- Developer Nicholas E. Cambio has signed an agreement with the state to prevent the erosion of soil from his Centre of New England business park into neighboring lakes and wetlands. Under the agreement signed Sept. 11, Cambio must pay the Department of Environment $103,000 in fines and place $225,000 in escrow to perform drainage and other work to protect the abutting properties. The agreement lists a timetable for compliance in various...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.