Latest David Leebron Stories
Rice University today launched its largest fundraising campaign ever -- $1 billion -- to train more student leaders, boost its research program and expand its community and international outreach during the university's next century. "Four years short of a century ago, the founding president of Rice announced that this new educational institution would set no upper limit on our endeavors as a university," said Rice President David Leebron. "As we approach the century mark and look back with...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.