Latest David Pointer Stories
Award recognizes outstanding application of engineering knowledge in nuclear power research and development LaGrange Park, IL (PRWEB) June 19, 2012 American Nuclear Society (ANS) member W. David Pointer, PhD, has been named the recipient of the Landis ANS Young Member Engineering Achievement , ANS President Eric Loewen, PhD, announced today. Loewen will present the award to Pointer during the opening session of the ANS Annual Conference: “Nuclear Science and Technology: Managing the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.