Latest David Steward Stories
Kansas State University If current irrigation trends continue, 69 percent of the groundwater stored in the High Plains Aquifer of Kansas will be depleted in 50 years. But immediately reducing water use could extend the aquifer's lifetime and increase net agricultural production through the year 2110. Those findings are part of a recently published study by David Steward, professor of civil engineering, and colleagues at Kansas State University. The study investigates the future...
NEW YORK, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- PFLAG NYC, America's largest chapter of Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG), is proud to announce honorees for its annual gala dinner, set for October 11 at Tribeca Rooftop in Manhattan. PFLAG NYC will present the following "Stay Close" Leadership Awards at this year's event: Corporate Leadership Award to JetBlue Airways, New York's Hometown Airline Individual Leadership Award to David Steward, media executive and Chairman of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.