Latest Dean Snow Stories
[ Watch the Video: Hands On Cave Walls Were Mostly Female ] redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online Using a technique that can tell the gender of the person who left handprints on a cave wall based on various hand measurements, a Penn State anthropologist has discovered that the majority of these markings were made by women. Experts had long believed that these cave handprints, whether they were actually paint-dipped prints or stenciled, were made by men because the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.