Latest Debbie Tanna Stories
Authorities in North Carolina said a pit bull used its powerful jaws to flatten the tires of a deputy's patrol car. Debbie Tanna, spokeswoman for the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office, said Deputy Lynn Lavallis responded Sunday evening to a call placed by Gloria Bass, who told dispatchers her daughter was being chased by a dog that was attempting to bite her bicycle tire, the Fayetteville (N.C.) Observer reported Tuesday. However, Tanna said the deputy did not see the dog or the girl when...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.