Decapods Reference Libraries
The Ghost Shrimp, Pestarella tyrrhena is a species of thalassinidean crustacean that dwells in shallow, sandy tunnels of the ocean floor in the Mediterranean Sea and northern Atlantic Ocean. Initially, the crustacean derived its name from the Tyrrhenian Sea where it inhabited. The crustacean was called formerly Callianassa tyrrhena, but current common terminology for the species is Ghost...
The Banded Coral Shrimp, Stenopus hispidus is a decapod crustacean, resembling shrimp. It is classified in the infraorder Stenopodidea. More familiar names for this species include Banded Boxer Shrimp, Banded Prawn, Coral Banded Shrimp and Barber-pole Shrimp. This crustacean looks like a shrimp and even shares the common name shrimp, however, it is not truly shrimp. The shrimp-like...
The Cold-water Shrimp, Pandalus borealis (sometimes called Pandalus eous) is a species of shrimp native in cold waters of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. There are numerous English names including Deep-water Shrimp, Cold-water Shrimp, Northern Shrimp, Pink Shrimp, Northern Red Shrimp and Greenland Prawn (UK). Although the word shrimp is commonly replaced by the word prawn, this is an...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.