Dedicated hosting service Reference Libraries
A server is a program that functions as a socket listener. The term server can also be used to generally describe a host that is positioned to carry out one or more such programs. A server functions as either sole-operating software, or one or series of computers that links other electronic devices together. In addition, they often provide important and necessary services to members, both...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.