Latest Deep Space Industries Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The idea to start attempting to mine asteroids has been floating around recently, but questions remain as to whether or not such a business endeavor would even be lucrative. Now, however, Deep Space Industries (DSI) claims that one particular asteroid could be worth as much as $195 billion in metals and propellant. Deep Space Industries announced this week that DA14, the asteroid making a close approach to Earth this week, could be...
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Deep Space Industries (DSI) announced on Tuesday that it plans to send a fleet of asteroid-prospecting spacecraft out into the solar system. These "FireFly" spacecraft use low-cost components and get discounted delivery to space by ride-sharing on the launch of larger satellites. “This is the first commercial campaign to explore the small asteroids that pass by Earth,” Deep Space Chairman Rick Tumlinson said in a...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.