Latest Deepika Stories
By Dipannita Das BANGALORE: Five teenagers, aged 11 to 18 years, left their hometown in a remote corner of Orissa to find a job and support their families. A known neighbour convinced their parents that she would get them jobs in Goa. They would have ended up elsewhere had the police not stopped them at Bangalore railway station. The woman who acted as the agent was identified by the police as a known trafficker and put behind bars. The girls were sent to the Crisis Intervention Centre...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.